“If you don't believe an acoustic solo performance can fill a room with raw power, elegance and intelligence concurrently, you haven't experienced Diana Chittester”
- Jennifer Conn (The Devil Strip)
Diana Chittester stands alone on stage with her arsenal of acoustic guitars. Her solo show is brought to life by her signature percussive multi-part playing, mimicking a full band on a solo acoustic guitar without the help of loopers or other technological tricks, blended with intelligent and articulate lyrics. The personal stories and vulnerability she shares on stage resonate with audiences as she invites them along on her journey. Diana’s energetic solo show provides audiences with the full experience.
HISTORY MAKING FEMALE GUITARISTS: past, present & future
WITHOUT A LABEL: An independent songwriter's experience through writing, recording, and self-distribution
"Her intensity hit me first. On stage was a lone woman, fit and young, belting out a hard but folksy original tune as she gracefully bent around her instrument, wringing every deep, rich drop of melody out of that guitar. It was power and passion, driven by pure talent, in her voice and her musicianship."
- Jennifer Conn, The Devil Strip
"Like Michael Hedges and Ani DiFranco, Chittester is a master guitarist who employs open and alternate tunings—and provides her own percussion by rapping on the body of her instrument."
- Examiner.com (from Colin Hay review)
“Demonstrated prowess on the guitar and [a] penchant for wrenching vocals.”
– Cleveland Plain Dealer
“An intelligent and articulate artist”
– Music Connections Magazine
“A complex guitar acrobat”
– ArtVoice Buffalo
“Diana really connected with the audience with her lyrics, guitar playing and great energy. Her storytelling & explanations of her songs resonated thoroughly, receiving a great ovation & an encore for her opening set, which I haven’t seen before.”
– Arnie Ivsins (Barrie Folk Society, Canada)
“She is one woman, one guitar, and no gimmicks…and she is one of THE most important artists on the scene in years, and one to watch closely for years to come. And, for guitarists, one to study closely…”
– Skinny Devil Magazine : Guitar Gods: LIVE
“Her lyrics both delve into stories and are fearless in its questioning with an intense guitar style backing it up”
– Her Society, Joy 94.9 (Australian Radio)
high res photos
In early 2017, Diana toured with Canadian songwriter, Royal Wood through 10 cities in 12 days performing at the most prestigious folk venues such as The Ark, Club Passim, World Cafe Live, Ludlow Garage and more.
Currently, Diana is writing and recording new music for her upcoming album, teaching educational workshops at schools and festivals, and regularly performing locally and regionally at venues and festivals.
- SCENE MAGAZINE, 2017
- PLAIN DEALER, 2017
- COOLCLEVELAND.COM, 2016
- CLEVELAND HOTLIST WINNER, 2016
- THE DEVIL STRIP REVIEW, 2016
- HOUSE OF BLUES LOCAL GROOVES & BREWS
- FOX 8: JUKEBOX LIVE TV MORNING SHOW, 2015
- NO SURF MUSIC REVIEW, FIND MY WAY HOME, 2014
- CLEVELAND SCENE MAGAZINE “BAND OF THE WEEK”, 2014
- FOX 8: JUKEBOX LIVE TV MORNING SHOW, 2014
- ARTVOICE BUFFALO NY, 2014
- SKINNY DEVIL MAGAZINE, GUITAR GODS: LIVE, 2014
- LIVE ON LAKESIDE, CHANNEL 3 TV, 2013
- CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER, 2013
- CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER, 2012
contact: Jessica Rosenblatt
email: booking(.)dianachittester (at) gmail.com